From: David Callahan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Subject: lets decide
How are you doing?
The following role came across my desk and I would love to hear your thoughts.
Location: Johnston, RI - 02919
Duration: 6 + Months
Start Date: ASAP
Interview process: phone screen then Face to Face
The Software Engineer is a key contributor to the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of multi-tiered, client/server business applications. These business applications may be transactional or analytical in nature and may be client or web-based. Individuals holding this position may be assigned to project teams, or work independently, as assigned.
Incumbents must have a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs, will collaborate with IT colleagues, and may interact with business staff and other stakeholders. The Software Engineer will participate in the evaluation of defined, complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determination of infrastructure and recommendation of solution options. Incumbents design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
This Successful Candidate for This Position Will
· Designs and builds state of the art business applications and prepares technical specifications based on evaluation of business specifications for complex business requirements. Adheres to FM Global's architectural principles and standards for software development, data, and security.
· Analyzes impact of requirements outlined by Business Analysts and works with Project Architects on functional and technical solutions. Must consider usability and build for performance during all phases of development.
· Unit tests application and works with other team members in the testing and debugging of programs; participates in overall system and performance testing; supports implementation of application into production and post-production.
· Provides detailed, high quality documentation at appropriate level to allow for maintenance and extension of application. Provides input for estimates and timeframes during all project life cycle phases.
· Works to develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments as appropriate to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts. Fosters and maintain good relationships with business customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information technology, or a related discipline.
· Working knowledge of relevant technologies, tools, and middleware, object oriented development, multi-tiered application,( .NET, C#, LINQ, WPF/XAML, MVVM, WCF web services, Entity Framework/NHibernate, SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures). Conceptual knowledge of information technologies in distributed client/server environments.
· Experience with C# 5 async/await pattern or .Net 4 Task Parallel Library (TPL) is a plus.
· Experience with the Microsoft Prism framework (version 4 or higher) is a plus.
· Experience with SSIS and/or Oracle is a plus.
· 8+ years of experience in business application design, development, installation and modification in a complex client server environment with at least 2 years leading a team.
· Experienced in structured and object oriented design, development and implementation of business applications in current computing architectures.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle as it pertains to software development projects Application development using current computing architectures and environments (e.g. multi-tiered Client/Server, Web)
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to estimate assigned development tasks.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the audience.
· Ability to work self-directed and as part of a team on projects of varying size; works well on cross-functional project teams and shows commitment to tasks, project, and to team.
|L A B U R|
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.